Monday, January 22, 2007

Library Thing


I just found a really wonderful site called Library Thing. I had experimented with ReaderWare--cataloguing books that I buy and writing short summaries of books as I encounter them. Help the old failing memory. This site allows this online. I always like web sites--not the need to have local software. You can access the site from multiple locations. Also, it is more easily available to others. I could, if I wanted, shared with my kids or friends. Also, I like the possibility of tags, surrounding chat.

All of this is what we’ve been talking about at work. Thinking of ways to do this with software documentation. So I’m always glad to experiment online. So here’s what I’ve done over the past few days:

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=idiotgirl

(And I’m also experimenting with posting this from a desktop journaling program. I write lots of pathetic stuff I’d never post. Even to this very private public space that no one reads. At least the possibility of the public makes me think twice about “bellyaching.”)

4 comments:

SusanS said...

It worked. How easy.

Lisa B. said...

I also have a librarything account--linked to my blog. It's kind of fun, I think. I'm in love with this kind of stuff.

Lisa B. said...

Okay, hilarious--after I posted the previous comment, I went to my librarything page, and found your comment. So you know, then, that I have a library thing account! Ha!

SusanS said...

Yah. That's how I found that site. Thanks. I love this kind of thing too. One of the cooler things about my work. I'm supposed to know about this kind of thing--tagging, community, etc. etc. etc.