- Why are the Clintons so damned good, talented, smart, moving, when I can't trust them?
- Things will be nasty again. I especially hate the way it will be nasty against the Obamas. Why is this part of American politics?
- I don't see how we can be against global economics. This is a fact and mostly good. Our politics needs to find a functional way to deal with this.
- Obama. I basically like him and his wife. What a weird combination of black and too educated (read elistist), who could have imagined his combination.
- I'm not against educated (even graduate school educated folks). Why is this unAmerican. It should be that person is impressive, or annoying, scary. Just like everyone else.
- I seem to be in the gut a Democrat. Not always easy with a son who interviewed to work for Clarence Thomas and a husband who listens daily to Rush Limbaugh, et al. . .
- I do listen nightly to PBS, CNBC, CNN, Fox in an attempt to have a spectrum. I also read the Economist.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I've been watching the Democratic convention over the past few evenings. This sort of thing does leave me interested and discouraged: